Benjamin was called to the Ghanaian bar in 2004. He practiced for some time before attending Harvard law school where he successfully graduated with a Master of Laws degree in 2011. After his graduation, Benjamin successfully trained at a top tier law firm in the United Kingdom under an internationally-sponsored training programme for outstanding lawyers from Africa.
Over the years, Benjamin has garnered expertise in corporate law, project finance and infrastructural work, banking and finance, and corporate and commercial litigation. He has advised on a number of complex transactions, and has represented clients as counsel in several corporate and commercial disputes.
- Representation of a mining company, in a USD 180, 9939.21 claim for the breach of a mining services contract.
- Representation of a client in a multimillion suit against a telecommunication giant.
- Representation of a Construction company in a construction dispute.
- Advice on the Domestic Medium Term Note Programme issued by a Mortgage Finance Company in Ghana.
- Advice on a Loan facility for the production of rice in Ghana
- Advice /conduct of due diligence on a merger in Ghana’s telecommunication industry.
- Advisory services on the development of 2336 acres of land into a mixed use satellite city.
- Representation of a commodities trading company, in a multimillion dollar debt recovery matter.
- Representation of suppliers of bitumen across Africa, in a debt recovery matter.
- Representation of a multinational engineering, construction and infrastructure development company, in arbitration on a breach of a construction contract.
- Representation of a food processing company in 10million United States Dollars debt claim brought by a company registered in Panarama.
- Representation of a client in a land mark case involving a construction dispute on the West Africa Gas Pipeline Project.
- Protecting Human and Social Rights in Ghana’s emerging Oil Industry; A constraining Approach to Corporate Social Responsibility A publication by the Harvard Law School Library, MA, USA.
- Protection of foreign Investments in Ghana; a review of some legal mechanisms. A presentation made to Latham & Watkins LLP (UK)
- Extra territorial Regulatory Survey 2013 [Ghana Chapter]