Brenda Mutale Chanda holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from the University of Zambia (UNZA) and a Master of Laws in Banking and Finance from the University of London. She is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Brenda spent some time on secondment at the magic circle firm, Allen & Overy, focusing mainly on general finance including project finance, acquisition finance and leveraged finance.
- Advice to a UK based energy firm in Renewable Energy for the bid on the finance and corporate side of the deal for development of the World Bank sponsored Scaling Solar Project bid for development of a 50MW Solar Photovoltaic Plant in the Lusaka South Multi-Facility Economic Zone.
- Advice to a Dubai based energy firm on the finance and corporate side of the deal initial stages of the bid on the development of the World Bank sponsored Scaling Solar Project bid for development of a 50MW Solar Photovoltaic.
- Conducting red flag due diligence and gap analysis on behalf of Qatar navigation QPSC for the proposed acquisition of J & J Africa. Also advised on the legal and regulatory requirements of the transaction.
- Conducting legal due diligence on behalf of Africa Development Bank (AfDB) for the proposed debt for equity swap arrangement.
- Reviewing and advising on a senior facility agreement and imbedded guarantee for a ZAR1.8 Billion credit facility on behalf of Absa bank Limited and Standard Bank of South Africa Limited.
- Advised on the acquisition of land for the development of twelve(12) luxury apartments and drafting contracts of sale, constitution for the Homeowners Association and Deeds of Adherence
- Currently assisting on the corporate and finance side on an Infrastructure Project for development of USD70m Shopping Mall in Lusaka with multi-faceted areas involving land acquisition, company restructuring and project finance.
- Contributor to the African Law and Business Special Report on Investment in Africa, 2017 and 2018
- Recent legislation affecting business in the SADC Region (AB & David Africa Crystal Ball, Accra, Ghana, January, 2016 and 2018)