Vera’s experience has been in corporate finance, commercial transactions, mergers & acquisitions, tax and Intellectual property & telecoms.
Vera provides advisory services on Ghana’s investment regime. She works with international clients to establish their operations in Ghana and comply with statutory governance and instrument requirement. Vera has trained at the London offices of Hogan Lovells International LLP under the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship program.
- Advice /conduct of due diligence on a merger in Ghana’s telecommunication industry
- Advice on the share acquisition by a private company and a leading international tobacco company which sells its products in more than 180 markets worldwide
- Advisory services to a client on the acquisition of the assets of an oil and gas company engaged in the distribution and marketing of petroleum products in the downstream industry
- Due diligence for borrowers and guarantors for the development of an office complex
- Advice on the corporate, commercial considerations, finance and tax issues related to the doing of business in Ghana
- Preparation of debt and equity documentation in respect of the development of convention centre.
- Advice on debt financing for the expansion of trade business for a Non-Bank Financial Institution and release of security by a mining company.
- Conduct of due diligence for asset purchase of a local company engaged in distribution and marketing of petroleum products.
- Advice and Conduct of Due Diligence on a proposed acquisition of shares on the Nungua Desalination plant project.
- Advice in respect of the combination/merger of their bottling operations of their non-alcoholic ready to drink beverage business
- Mergers & Acquisitions in Ghana- Foreign Investor Considerations- Hogan Lovells Newsletter (December 2016)
- Ghana Judicial Corruption- TRACE Trends- A Compliance Conversation (November 2015)
- Oil & and Gas in Uganda and Ghana- Hogan Lovells Africa Newsletter- (April 2015)
- M&A- Making the Deal Work- Acquisition International (2014)
- Driving FDI- Acquisition International (September 2013)