Daniel has vast experience in Legal practice in Uganda. He has advised public infrastructure companies, offered legal, trade and transaction support to big corporate entities within the Corporate, Commercial, Banking and Finance Sector, as well as the Energy Sector. He has represented many corporate companies, government parastatals and humanitarian organizations as counsel including representation before courts of law. He is a pioneer Alumni of the Africa Legal Support Facility Academy and has obtained training by the Africa Legal Support Facility to handle complex transactions in Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure & PPP’s, Energy and Natural Resources as well as Sovereign Debt & Project Finance.
Corporate, Trade, Banking and Finance
Infrastructure, Natural Resources & Energy
Project Finance, Public & Private Partnerships
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Awards & Recognitions:
- Distinguished Service Award by Rotary Club of Kampala Wandegeya.
- Paul Harris Fellowship.
- LLB (Hons), Makerere University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Center
- Member of Uganda Law Society
- Member of East African Law Society
- Alumni of Africa Legal Support Facility Academy
Articles & Publications
- Public Private Partnerships ‘The Chain Link to Developing East Africa.
- Contemporary issues in corporate governance -Surviving the tide amidst the desire to expand markets. – A legal perspective.
- Reforming Health Standards- A requirement for players in the Food and Beverage Sector
- Purchase and Acquisitions of Financial Institutions in Africa- The case of Crane Bank Uganda
Though leadership & Speaking Engagements
Daniel has spoken at various events and offered thought leadership, on several topics across his practice areas such as: –
- ‘‘The Africa Continental Free Trade Area and the China 60 billion Dollar Financing under the Forum for Africa & China Cooperation’’ Opportunities and Threats:
- Syndicated loans, recovery agents and recovery of loans in Africa- the case of Ham Enterprises versus DTB Bank (Uganda) and DTB Bank (Kenya)
- Proposed changes to the mining and extractives sector of Uganda