Ferdinand D. Adadzi
Ferdinand is a partner of the firm and leads the firm’s Energy, Infrastructure and PPP practice group and co-heads the Corporate and Finance group. He has nineteen years’ experience advising the firm’s clients on projects in Africa, particularly in Ghana, Liberia, Zambia, Niger and Uganda.
He has been involved in advising on a number of significant projects, in the energy, construction, railway and PPP sector, advised on corporate and financing transactions, and involved in drafting significant legislations, including the PPP Act for Ghana and Procurement and Concessions Regulations and Manual for the Republic of Liberia.
Ferdinand is also a senior lecturer at the Faculty of Law, GIMPA where he lectures in company law, law of contract and legal writing & research. He recently published a seminal textbook on company law titled “Modern Principles of Company Law in Ghana”.
- Energy, Infrastructure & PPP
- Corporate and Finance
- Oil & Gas
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- M & A Deal Structure / Process, M & A Training
- “Planning for a Successful Africa M&A Deal” panel discussion at the International Bar Association Africa M & A Conference
- “Africa Power Situation: Opportunities from a Bad Situation” Paper presented at AB & David’s Annual Crystal Ball Conference
- Legal Framework for Doing Business in Ghana and General Overview and Update of the Oil and Gas Sector” paper presented to Energy Industries Council Trade Mission at the United Kingdom Embassy
- Presented a paper to Parliamentary Select Committee on Trade and Industry on “Background to International Trade: International Actors & Shaping Global Trade Rules and Practices
- Leading Change For Lawyers, Executive Education, Harvard Law School
- Master of Laws (LLM) (University of Alberta, Edmondton, Canada)
- Practicing Law Certificate, Role of Lawyers and Solicitor’s License (Ghana School of Law, Ghana )
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) , University of Ghana, Legon
- Member, International Bar Association, Ghana Bar Association and American Bar Association