Hilda Sarah Kawala
Hilda is a Trainee Solicitor at AB & David Uganda. She joined the firm after completing her post graduate bar course clerkship period. While at the firm, Hilda has supported clients with employment and immigration issues. She has guided clients on matters relating to taxation and the impact of the taxation laws on their businesses. She has perfected transactions on behalf of banks as part of routine legal support and been involved in the debt recovery process for firm clients. She has guided foreign clients on the process of registering their businesses in Uganda and those interested in winding up their businesses in Uganda. Hilda was part of the International Justice Mission at Uganda Christian University where she was involved in supporting indigent clients within the community. She is passionate about offering legal support to clients involved in the corporate, Banking & Finance sector, Employment and Labour, and offering compliance and regulatory support to clients as part of support functions to ease doing business. She has offered insights and training to clients on various legal and regulatory affairs as part of routine support. In her free time, Hilda enjoys listening to Music and reading self-help books.
Corporate, Finance & Banking
Employment, Labour & Government Business
Trade & SME’s
Intellectual Property, Telecoms and Technology.
Energy & Natural Resources
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- LLB (Hons), Uganda Christian University.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Center (Candidate)
- Clinical Legal Education (Law Development Center)
Articles & Publications
- The Legal and Regulatory changes within Uganda’s Mining and Energy Sector 2022
- The laws and jurisprudence on freedom of speech in Uganda 2022.
Thought leadership & Speaking Engagements
- Taxation laws applicable to employers and employees in Uganda.
- The legal impact of the decision of Ambayo Joseph Waigo Vs Asema Jacinta Civil Appeal No. 100 of 2010.