Naa Amorkor Amarteifio
Naa Amorkor has extensive experience in commercial litigation, international construction disputes and arbitration involving complex financial and construction issues.
Amorkor is an alumnus of the Slaughter & May Explore programme and the Africa Arbitration Academy. She recently completed her International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) secondment programme with Hogan Lovells International LLP in London. While there, she was involved in disputes in the finance sector, hospitality and entertainment among other areas of law.
She has held leadership positions in her arbitration career and currently serves as the Secretary to the Executive Council of the Lagos Court of Arbitration Young Arbitrators Network (LCA-YAN). She is also a Steering Committee member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb), Ghana Chapter as well as the Secretary of the Chapter.
Amorkor holds an LLM from Queen Mary University of London, UK, an LLB and a combined degree in Applied Chemistry & Environmental Science.
One of her passions is supporting SMEs and start-ups to manage their disputes to remain sustainable and profitable.
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
- Energy, Infrastructure & PPPs
RECENT THOUGHT LEADERSHIP & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Pathological Clauses in Arbitration, What Practitioners must know (Presentation to AB & David Africa, 2021)
- Dispute Resolution mechanisms and what start-ups should consider (Presentation in collaboration with Clifford Chance for Recycle Up, 2022)
- Drafting an Effective Arbitration Clause (Presentation to AB & David Ghana, 2022)
- Proposed Amendments to the English Arbitration Act, 1996 (Presentation to the International Arbitration and Projects Group of Hogan Lovells, London, 2022)
- Bachelors Degree, Bsc. Applied Chemistry (University of Development Studies)
- Diploma in Statistics (University of Ghana)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (University of Ghana)
- Masters in Law, Corporate Commercial (Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom)
- Member, International Bar Association and
- Member, Ghana Bar Association
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Member, Association of Young Arbitrators (AYA)