Pamella is the Managing Partner at Oraro & Company Advocates and heads the Banking & Finance and Conveyancing & Real Estate practice groups. With over 22 years of experience, she has advised local and international clients in banking and finance, construction, capital markets, conveyancing and real estate, M&A, and regulatory work but is well regarded for her capital markets and conveyancing expertise.
- Asset Tracing
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Shareholder Disputes
- Bachelor of Laws; LL. B (University of Waikato, New Zealand)
- Post-graduate Diploma in Law (Kenya School of Law)
- Master of Laws (LLM) (Auckland University, New Zealand)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Chambers Global (2022)
- Legal 500 (2021, 2020): Leading Lawyers in Kenya
- IFLR 1000(2022, 2020, 2019): M&A, Banking
- Under One Roof: Analysis of the Sectional Properties’ Legal Framework.
- An Overview of the Proposed Environmental Management and Co-ordination (Extended Producer Responsibility) Regulations, 2021.
- Conversion of Long-Term Leases to Sectional Units.
- Further Update on the Launch of the National Land Information Management System.
- Imminent Roll Out of The National Land Information Management System (NLIMS).
- Gazettement of Additional Parcels of Land for Conversion from Old Land Registration Numbers to New Parcel Number.
- The Stamp Duty (Valuation of Immovable Property) Regulations, 2020.
- Extension of Timelines for Submission of Beneficial Ownership Information.
- Conversion of Old Land Reference Numbers to new Parcel Numbers.
- Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership of Companies in Kenya.
- Analyse This: An Overview of the Recently Published Credit Reference Bureau Regulations.
- Smelling the Coffee: Salient Changes Brought About By the New Business Laws (Amendment) Act.
- Unresolved: An Assessment of the National Land Commission.