Sena Abla Agbekoh
- Infrastructure & PPP
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) (Philosophy & Linguistics) University of Ghana
- Bachelor of Laws, (LLB) University of Ghana
- Barrister-at-Law, (BL) Ghana School of Law
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Ghana Bar Association
Sena has over 10 years of experience in regulatory compliance matters, business establishment and investment advise, mergers & acquisitions, and tax. She also has extensive experience in structuring energy, infrastructure and PPP transactions as well as project advisory services to public and private sector clientele.
Sena has worked on some key deals including the preparation of the first ever PPP Law to regulate public private partnership transactions in Ghana, structuring and implementation of the Sogakofe-Lome trans-boundary potable water project, advisory services on the Accra Tema Motorway project, the Korle-Bu Urology PPP Project, transaction advisory services for the IFC on the Korle-Bu Diagnostic Centre PPP Project, advice to the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (AMA) for the development of a modern public market within the sites of the 31st December & Makola markets on a 12.33 acres of land through Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement, and the redevelopment of various lands covering a total land size of 7.27 acres into a mixed use development consisting of residential, commercial and office space developments. Prior to joining AB & David, she worked in a major IT firm for a few years where she worked primarily on projects subject to Ghana’s Public Procurement law.
- Transaction Advisory Services for the structuring and implementation of the Sogakofe-Lome trans boundary potable water project which involves the abstraction of water from the Volta River, production and transportation to end consumers in Ghana and Togo.
- The development of a modern public market within the sites of the 31st December & Makola markets on a 12.33 acres of land through Public Private Partnership (PPP) arrangement.
- Legal/regulatory advice to Karpower on supply of two 224MW barge emergency power plants/badges with Electricity Company of Ghana Ltd and the Ministry of Energy of Ghana (on behalf of Government of Ghana) to address the energy crisis in Ghana.
- Advice on and due diligence in respect of the acquisition of shares in Kingdom 5-KR-144, the sole shareholder of KH1 Ghana, owner of the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel.
- Provision of transaction advisory services to the Ministry of Transport for the selection of a strategic investor on the restructuring of the Tema PSC Shipyard
- Advice and Conduct of Due Diligence on YOO Mart Ghana Ltd, a subsidiary company of YOO Mart BVI (“the Target Company”) on a proposed multimillion dollar investment for the expansion of the super market chain
- The construction of a state-of-the-art 25-storey commercial block facility in Accra to be located within the Central Business District of Accra covering a total land area of 3.77 acres through a Public Private Partnership arrangement.
- Advice and conduct of Due Diligence on a proposed acquisition of shares in Befesa Desalination Developments Ghana Limited on the Nungua Desalination plant.
- Provision of transaction advisory services for the engagement of private partner for the development of mixed use facility/office complex for the Public Procurement Authority and Internal Audit Agency.
- Advisory services to Puma Africa Holdings SA on acquisition of the assets of Grace Petroleum Limited and oil and gas company engaged in the distribution and marketing of petroleum products in the downstream industry.
- Advisory services on the construction of a landfill gas extraction, flaring, and power generation plant, and the review of Power Purchase Agreement between private party and a public party in Ghana
Publications & Presentations:
- Contract Administration in Contracts – Why is it important? Business & Financial Times publication (September 2021)
- Panelist at the Vance Center Africa Legal Fellows programme on “The Opportunities and Challenges of Deal-Making in Africa’s Consumer, Media and Entertainment Sectors” August 2021
- Ghana Chapter on Public Private Partnership – Getting The Deal Through (Lexology 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019 )
- Ghana Chapter on Construction in Ghana – Getting The Deal Through (Lexology 2020, 2019, & 2017)
- Ghana Chapter on Procurement in Ghana – Getting The Deal Through (Lexology 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 & 2018)
- Training on Joint Ventures – legal issues to consider- for SMEs as part of Invest in Africa’s Business Linkage Programme (2019 & 2018)
- Training on “Understanding Corporate Governance – legal issues to consider” for SMEs as part of Invest in Africa’s Business Linkage Programme (2019 & 2018)