William is an Associate in the firm’s Dispute Resolution practice. His primary practice areas are Tax, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Banking and Finance and Constitutional and Public Law Litigation.
He has been involved in a number of notable matters including acting for an international school before the Kenyan Court of Appeal on a dispute on taxation of benefits provided to employees.
William holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from the University of Nairobi and a post-graduate diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law.
- Part of the team acting for an international school before the Kenyan Court of Appeal on a dispute on taxation of benefits provided to employees.
- Part of the team representing a company in the financial services sector before the Tax Appeals Tribunal in a tax and transfer pricing dispute where over KES 350 million in tax is claimed by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Part of the team representing a global social media company in a constitutional petition before the High Court alleged where over USD 2.5 billion is claimed in damages for violation of constitutional and human rights. damages.
- • Part of the team representing a Kenyan Government Corporation in the tracing and recovery of assets worth USD 220 million from individuals and companies alleged to have defrauded a mid-sized Kenyan bank, leading up to its receivership.
- Part of the team representing a commercial bank in a debt recovery dispute before the High Court valued at in excess of USD 30 million including exercise of the banks statutory power of sale and enforcement of various securities.
- Part of the team representing Banks on various disputes related to Securitization.
- Advising a commodities import and distribution company on its tax obligations on broad range of emoluments and benefits provided to its employees.